Sometimes it might happen that your iPhone 6s refuses to charge up. If that is the case, we can assure you that you are not alone. There are many who face this problem every now and then, it is either because of the charger for iPhone 6S, or iPhone 6S charging port. Whatever the reason is, you are in for a trouble and you need a quick solution to resolve this problem. Any delay will discharge your phone and you will be practically without your best mode of communication.
No one can survive without their phone for long. The symptoms of this problem vary. If you ask us, we can tell you in accord to our experience. What we know is that putting in the lighting cable and then connecting charging plug tends to lead to some sort of buzzing. Not only this, the charging process isn’t much effective. To get the charger for iPhone 6s to charge something, you require constant balancing and tweaking. There is a possibility that nothing happens, and you get a feeling that iPhone 6S charging port isn’t working or the cable is damaged.
iPhone 6s is among the best Apple’s smartphone. It comes with a 4.7-inch screen that has a screen resolution of 750 x 1334 pixels. You will simply love playing games and watch movies on it. The phone comes in with different memory option starting with 16 GB till what 128GB. iPhone 6s may come with iOS 9.0, but you can upgrade it to iOS 11 and preferably above. The phone is fast and efficient because of the A9 processor and 2GB RAM. Charger for iPhone 6S is lighting fast, can charge your phone within an hours’ time.
Charger For iPhone 6S Not Working – Troubleshooting Tips
In this article, we are going to talk about what can you do if the charger for iPhone 6S does not work properly. This will include some temporary advice along with Apple’s troubleshooting tips. If the charger for iPhone 6S does not charge, despite troubleshooting, and other temporary fixes, it is time to reach out to Apple support Center. They would know how to go about it.
Below we have listed all the troubleshooting tips that will help you resolve the charger for iPhone 6S not working problem. So, let’s get started!
- First comes first, make sure that the adaptors and the cables are properly connected from every end. Also, the power outlet is working. Often the problem is with the power outlet and not with the charger for iPhone 6S.
- If you are phone via your personal computer, make sure that it is on. I know most of you think this to be pretty obvious, but ON, we mean it is running. You connect your phone to your laptop and go on doing your chores. When the laptop isn’t used for long, it will log out and go into sleep mode resulting in the charging to stop. Which then will make you think that there is something wrong with iPhone 6S charging port.
- Check iPhone 6S charging port for debris. You can either use a compressed air blower or give a quick blow yourself to remove dust.
- Try using a different power adapter, cable, and a USB port. But you need to replace one thing at one time, only then will you be able to identify whether the problem is with iPhone 6S charging port, charger for iPhone 6S or the phone’s cable.
- If you think that everything is okay, connect your iPhone to its charge and wait for about 30 minutes. If it does not start charging even after 30 minutes, you need to restart your device while it is connected. If you are unable to restart or rest the device and you get the message “This accessory is not supported by this device” you would know that the problem is with the charging equipment. Now your next step should be either reach out to Apple Support Center or any third-party repair shops.
Temporary Fixes For iPhone 6S Charging Port Problem
- Before you get to Apple Support Center, or while you are waiting for their response, you can try out these temporary fixes. They might not be able to resolve the iPhone 6S charging port problem, but they can provide you some temporary release. In our experience, some of these tips have managed to get a faulty iPhone to charge up.
- Try placing your iPhone on the connector while you are trying to charge it. You need to be careful with. Because if you apply too much pressure, there is a possibility that the charging cable might snap off. You would not want that especially when the purpose is to get the charger for iPhone 6S up and about. Doing this will force the lightning connector into the phone and this might resolve the iPhone 6S charging port problem for now.
- You might be a little surprised to learn that using an old 30-pin iPhone cable sometimes work better with a lighting adaptor when compared to the lighting cable.
Decide Between Apple And Third-Party Repair Shops For Fixing iPhone 6S Charging Port Problem
Once you reach out to Apple, they will ask you to perform the above troubleshooting steps. After that, they will ask you to bring your iPhone along with its charger. This way they can ensure if the problem lies with your iPhone 6S charging port or with the charger of iPhone 6S. Once, they identify the problem, they will act accordingly. If you are under warranty, you won’t be charged much but out of warranty, people have paid about £200 for iPhone 6S charging port or charger for iPhone 6S. So, your best shot is third-party repairs, they will charge you half or even less of what Apple is charging. Mobilerepairs4u is an excellent third-party repair shop. They will fix your iPhone 6S charging port or charger for iPhone 6S in no time within limited budget.